Recipe adapted from here.
About 10 minutes.
- 1.0 cups sugar
- 6.0 Tbsp. butter
- 0.5 cups heavy whipping cream
- Heat sugar on medium-high heat in a large, thick-bottomed saucepan.
- Stir sugar vigorously as it begins to melt.
- Stop stirring once sugar comes to a boil. Swirl pan occasionally to mix.
- Once sugar is melted and has turned a dark amber color add the butter.
- Once butter has melted, remove from heat, wait 3 seconds then slowly add cream.
- Stir mixture until smooth.
- Allow to cool for several minutes, then pour into a glass container.
Makes about 1 cup of caramel sauce.