- 6.5-7.5 cup flour
- 2 pkg / 2 tbl yeast
- 0.5 cup sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 0.5 cup butter
- 2 egg
- 0.5 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 tbl cinnamon
- 4 tbl sugar
- 4 tbl butter
- Walnuts / pecans and more cinnamon to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 3 cup flour, yeast, 0.5 cup sugar and salt. Mix well.
- In a saucepan, heat milk, water and 0.5 cup butter until warm (120-130 F). The butter does not need to melt.
- Add liquid and eggs to the flour mixture.
- Blend at low speed until moistened. Beat 3 minutes at medium speed.
- Stir in enough flour to make a soft dough.
- Knead on a floured surface until smooth and elastic, 5-8 minutes.
- Place dough in a greased bowl, turn to grease top of dough.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until dough has doubled. About 1 hour.
- Combine brown sugar, sugar and cinnamon.
- Set aside.
- Punch down dough.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll two 15x12 inch rectangles.
- Spread with softened butter.
- Sprinkle filling over dough.
- Starting with the short side, roll up tightly and pinch the edge to seal.
- Cut each roll into 12 slices.
- Place slices into two greased 13x9 inch pans.
- Let rise in a warm place until double. About 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375 F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
For extra yummy, drizzle unsalted butter over the top, then more cinnamon and sugar, before baking.