Ginger Bread Cookies
Yummy holiday cookies.
- 1 cup molasses
- 0.5 cup butter
- 0.5 cup granulated sugar
- 0.5 mashed potatoes
- 0.5 cup sour milk or buttermilk
- 4 cups flour
- 1 Tsp. basking soda
- 1.5 Tsp. salt
- 1.5 Tsp. ginger
- 1.5 Tsp. cinnamon
- Heat molasses and add butter.
- Cool slowly and add sugar, potatoes and sour milk.
- Mix and sift 2 cups flour and other ingredients.
- Add additional flour as necessary.
- Chill for one hour.
One hour later... pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll to 0.25 inches thick.
- Cut into shapes and bake 10.15 minutes depending on size and thickness.
- Frost (optional) and store loose in a container at room temperature.
Use powdered sugar, a little water and butter. Add food color if desired.