Ice Cream Kolackies
Kolackies are a Central-European pastry usually made with a fruit filling. Read more on Wikipedia.
See the normal Kolacky recipe as well.
- 4 cups flour
- 2 Tbs. sugar
- 1 lb. margarine
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream (partially softened)
- Filling (jam, jelly, etc.)
- Powdered sugar
- Blend flour and sugar.
- Cut in margarine until mixture resembles a fine meal.
- Add partially softened ice cream and blend.
- Wrap in foil or heavy waxed paper and chill overnight.
The next morning... Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll out dough to 0.25 inch thick.
- Cut into rounds or squares.
- Fill center with jam or filling.
- Fold the sides to the center of the squares.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- When cool, sprinkle with powdered sugar.