Yummy spice cookies.
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 0.5 Tsp. salt
- 2 Tsp. baking soda
- 3 Tsp. cinnamon
- 2 Tsp. ginger
- 1 Tsp cloves
- 1 cup butter
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 1 Tbsp. dark corn syrup
- 1 Tbsp. warm water
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Blanched almonds
- Sift flour once, measure, then re-sift with spices, salt and baking soda.
- Cream butter with sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat egg and add water and corn syrup.
- Add egg mixture to butter mixture.
- Gradually add sifted dry ingredients and blend to a dough.
- Chill, wrapped, for 3-4 hours or longer until firm enough to roll out.
After chilling... Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll dough thin on a lightly floured board or pastry cloth.
- Cut into desired shapes.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and put a whole or half almond in the center of each.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes or until done.
- Remove from cookie sheet and cool on wire racks.